The Persian (Short story) By; Dibosa P.C. Marcel


                            The Persian

By; Dibosa P.C. Marcel

And so i said to the rich man
There goes a begger outside your house
He walks on the coarse floor with bare feet
And on his back, nothing but an old rug to shelter him from the cold
And so the rich man replied
This reminds me i must get a Persian rugs
For my persian floors
And the next day we happened upon a family of five in a run down shack
And i said to the rich man
The nights must be cold for this family, the roof is sturdy, but there are holes in the walls of their home
And the rich man replied
This reminds me, i must get some Persian fur for my Persian walls, for my nights grow cold and my walls are wide
And on the third day while i dined with him, i saw people starving in the streets and i spoke to him
There is food in this massive castle, enough to feed these people, perhaps they can be allowed passage into your garden, so they may eat and starve no more,
And once again the rich man replied
This reminds me, i must get some persian locks for my Persian gates

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Charity & Gender CDS group donates to host community by Francis Iredia

My NYSC Story by Victor Agu

CDs group educate Secondary School in Kiama on Gender Equality.